Haha.
Maybe I do really enjoy the kuli work in Seafield.
Form 6 are kulis. True.
Enjoying the kuli work is another thing.
Attended to SMK Seafield's Anugerah Cemerlang Akademik 2010 or the Academic Prize Giving Ceremony. Not as a prize receiver, just as a kuli.
I know it's sad. Yes, I'm a sad lil kid who didn't perform well in her Form 6 work.
Two days before, when I hanged out in Pn Daisy's lab (her Chess Club meeting place) to help out Melissa with rolling the empty scrolls for the day. Then I asked Pn Daisy if I can help out on Friday, since no teachers are coming in that day to teach us (Pn Looi and Ms Goh were in charge of the ceremony also) and I didn't feel like staying at home and rot, Pn Daisy said yes.
What I didn't like was how Pn Daisy insists that only Pengawases should help out.
Reason? Because of their attire. They got a coat, which made them look smart. Perfect putting them on stage.
Ah right, so the neat school clothes that normal students wear are not clothes. So you mean that.
I tightened the ribbons on the scrolls with an extra bit of force due to the sheer slice of anger upon hearing those persistence words from her. I didn't have a say on the old lady. I wouldn't want that bloody incident to happen again and drop the hell out of my image, caused by her unreasonable requests.
Thursday I asked Simranjit (she's already a famous icon as a professional kuli, especially in firing cannons of answers with no aim) if she's coming on the next day, and she confidently and happily said,
"Of course, Pn. Daisy booked me a month before."
Haha. Friday and no sign of her.
I went there early in the morning and to find no Melissa. So I went to have a chat with Allwin near the Dewan Sri Kenangan (SMK Seafield's MPH).
The work started around 7.45 or something or near 8. I didn't bring my watch.
After setting up the tables and carried stuffs all the way from Pn Daisy's lab with the other guys, Ms Goh asked me to help arranging the plaques for the prize winners on the stage. She was quite amazed with my ideas on the arrangement of the huge plaques on the desk with the smaller version and also the empty scrolls. XD
*no, I'm not bragging*
*laughing away*
Little did we know, the projector slide which was huge enough to cover the tables where we were arranging the plaques has risen. Shocked Ms Goh. Me too.
Pn Daisy, who was so obsessed with her own world of ONLY Pengawases on Stage has warned me beforehand to not appear in front of the audience on stage since I'm wearing a normal student uniform (not forgetting the tie) and shall be the odd one out.
Mah. Didn't care. Had to continue arranging the plaques with Ms Goh while the others on the side of the stage arranging the envelops with free domino vouchers and the slip to claim their certificate on the later of the day in it. We had to put them onto the silver trays and arrange them in a way that the plaques do not overlap with each other and by that the others wont fall when one is removed.
And my job continues after the speech from the headmistress and the PIBG chairman, on the stage in front of the audience. Arrange, arrange, arrange... while Ker Fang, Melissa and Selva the prefects took the tray to the prize givers of each category.
She kept asking me what's the feeling of seeing the prizes we both arranged to be given away.
"Pain," I said. She's hinting. *sighs*
Working with Ms Goh was a bit tiring since she's a bit tedious. She did 2 times of 'double checking's on the plaques to check removed plaques of those who are absent. Triple checking.
But it's not that I will have the chance to do it again next year. So no complains.
Just realised how generous these Form 6 teachers are.
Ms Goh, gives us chocolates, sweets and when staying back in the afternoon for maths presentations, she gave us those preserved sour plums (I don't like those) so that we wouldn't fall asleep in class.
On that day, I'm not sure who sponsored those but Pn Daisy brought in a big bag of Hi 5 sausage breads (corn cream) and a box of mineral waters. And she herself sponsored a few packs of sweets (Mint Plus that I don't like)and two packets of packed biscuits for the teachers and students who worked backstage.
Just in case you don't know, I don't like sweets though I have sweet tooth.
She don't like to see people to eat in front of the audience. So she asked us to hide away from the audience field of vision on the stage then eat. ==
Man, I was yelled by her for taking the band video from the gap of the backstage door near the stage while I'm munching away the bread. D=
No one could see me! I'm so short that I'm hidden with the band in front of me. And the audience is in front of the band. ==
Anyhow, after completing the whole prize giving ceremony and also while waiting for the Tupperware giving ceremony to the teachers, I sat down on a chair in front of Ms Goh at the side of the stage where no one can see. Others were talking away beside us.
I asked her why Pn Daisy got to go up the stage, that time when we were resting. She told me Pn Daisy got the prize for highest increment of passes for the subject she's teaching in Form 6 (Biology). Then I asked her why didn't she got it too.
Ms Goh then said she lost to her by a decimal point. Pn Daisy got 7, Ms Goh got 6 point something.
Then she asked that she hoped that all of us can pass for her. She said it in a very low tone, as if she's almost crying. Her expression was kinda sad and pitiful, which made gave me a tinge and left me speechless for a moment. I felt like weeping.
I said, "I'll for sure to pass for you." She exclaimed, "Pass only ar."
Haha. I'm working towards an at least A- for maths. *looking at the far far away endless route*
For Ms Goh, I must complete my journey.
As for the fuel, (says to Allwin), just imagine her sad face.
After the ceremony ends, I helped out to pack off the empty boxes which once held the empty scrolls and dump the empty biscuit packets. The guys helped out by taking the bulky stuffs like the silver plates back to the staff room. Some of the Form 6s who received prizes helped out with giving out off the real certificates and cash rewards to those who won it for their high achievement.
Ms Goh had been saying to take a group picture with the backdrop of the stage after every thing's over.
And so, group shots!
Man, I had to tell Pn Daisy that she still look pretty without makeup in order to hurry with this group shot. XPAfter putting back the flower pot contributed by Pn Norhayati on her place, I went down to the piano room with Ker Fang and listened to Joshua and Jin-ji playing piano.
Lately I have been spending some of my time after school during the recess before our research and development project session begins, in the room with the music instruments, most significant is the piano. Joshua and Jin-ji would stop by there to play some music, and the best was the Canon by Beethoven.
The last time I felt like crying was when Sue Hern played River Flows In You. When they played Canon, I was so deeply touched. T.T
*thunder claps*
I like piano. But sadly, I don't know how to play any musical instrument. I feel so useless.
*agress to Allwin*
Next time my kid MUST learn at least one musical instrument. *sets goal* Play for momma to listen. XD
But during the process of the whole event, I realised that I couldn't stop, look and sigh at my past. I must keep walking through the road full of bumps and loop holes and climb those stairs which is coiled with barbed wires. This is Form 6.
At least it shall worth all the blood and tears I shed throughout the whole journey.
Cross my heart and have no regrets.
MUET speaking went well today. *jumps around*
The tiny things you tend to neglect in the past may be the biggest regret in your future.






















No comments:
Post a Comment