But it won't be a surprise for some mentally problematic people to keep insisting they are very fine.
There has been quite some amount of suicides here out of depression in just two weeks stretch.
Anyway, here it goes.
Just right just now, I've been ticked off by a certain individual on the excessive usage of
'Don't know.'
Pretend yourself in this situation:
I were to give you some greatly difficult IQ quiz to solve, and you got stuck.
Most of us will usually surrender by saying, "I give up. I don't know the answer."
I'm absolutely okay with this type of "I don't know."
But this situation:
I came in and say, "Hi everyone, I'm Popiah."
The statement is absolutely neutral. In a way that, it's not a question, so you don't need to have the "I don't know." choice to answer. Most of us will reply with a hi, so keep quiet since it's a weird stranger saying hi out of no where.
What really ticks me off is the expression of "Don't know." being used as frequent as whenever or whatever you are doing.
"Oh you bathed!" Babi A says.
"Don't know. " the Babi B which had a mud bath replies.
You may not get what's my point here until you meet some people who actually do use it too freaking often on you, provided that:
- you have already confirmed that you are not his/her enemy and
- you are perfectly a good guy/girl which people won't ignore.
"So, you have eaten!"
"Don't know."
I'll spank that "Don't know" individual real hard if he/she shrugs while saying "don't know."
Silence is gold. Ignorance is bliss.
Can't you just give a nod or shake if you are reluctant to reply? Or just keep your mouth shut?
Stupid answers. You are not even a handsome/beautiful person, so saying "Don't know" on every single possible statement certainly won't make you as cool as peanut jelly butter toast.
This rambling too applies to those who keep using "Whatever." and worse case, "Whatever lah."
These two - "Don't know" and "Whatever" , clearly show that you are someone worth to be not asked with any good questions, because you are perfectly unconciously and conciously persistent over minor neutral issues like eating and bathing questions.
In short - DEGIL.
The other "Don't know"s that I never favoured are those who like to end their excellent speech with
"I don't know." inclusive of a shrug.
What the eff la. People were impressed and deeply enjoyed with your content of speech and yet you spoiled the whole piece with that damned line.
And sometimes along with some jerking of the shoulders up and down.
Example:
This Babi B is giving some explanation to Babi A about how great are Subway sandwiches.
"They baked their own breads right on the spot, and they will take it out from the oven upon your order. After ordering the main ingredient for your sandwich, you can request if you want to toast your cheese. As for other toppings like vegetables, there are a whole range to be choosed from, like lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers etc. After that you can picked the sauces you want to put before they serve you the sandwich......
I don't know."
Eh, excuse me? I believed that I was deeply amazed by your excellent explanation as though you are one of the Subway creator.
Why did you say you don't know? And why did you took the trouble to explain the whole thing to me if you @#$% don't know what you are talking about?
If you are NOT SURE, you may end your sentence in a better way like:
"I just ate Subway once, so I'm not very sure."
Sounds better right.
Don't just simply "I don't know. I don't know" ?!
It makes you sound as though you are really lacking in some confidence and professionalism in your professional talk. "I don't know" made one's statement as though he/she made up that statement (it sounds like not a fact actually)just for the sake of saying "I don't know" after it.
But if you are really mad and used "I DON'T KNOW!" and "WHATEVER", I won't be ticked off. More like I'll retreat myself from being involved in the conversation to prevent fire outbreak.
Once again, if your capitalised "I don't know." and "whatever" has the same meaning as the ones I've stated above, it won't make a single shit of difference on how much I'm gonna be
"deeply touched down to the core of my heart".
And if you are one of the "Don't know"s and "Whatever."s, you better watch out.
Don't ever do it in front of me, you don't know where's my limit. Don't try me.
No comments:
Post a Comment