Oh yes. It's back. And we are back for it.
Details here.
I was almost dozing off on my maths homework with buggy Chia Yen and Ker Fang beside me when Keng Wei came in half running towards me holding a sheet of paper.
Not any ordinary paper. It was a brochure from Taylor's School of Computing, on something me and Keng Wei scored last year - 3D Computer Games Design Competition.
Oh yes, he was very excited. He started talking all his big plans to me. So did I.
And the question is why we were so excited about it?
See?
Yes, that's the reason.
This year they even made the whole competition bigger, by separating winners by their regions - northern, southern and central. And lastly, the national winners will get to walk away with the prizes you just saw just now.
We won an Ipod 8GB already, and yeah, we are aiming higher now, and competing with other talents of national level.
I felt like I have not done enough in mapping last year, and this year I shall work on it.
Keng Wei and Me, and not forgetting the person who has contributed a lot too last year - Sophia, shall once again join forces, and march for the second prize and the first one too.
Not only that, there are already 3 teams in our class planning to join us too, and a total of 6 teams shall be representing Form 6. We have yet to count in the Form 5s.
However, we have the advantage. We knew how it works and is able to start earlier ahead of them.
Saturday, we brainstormed in Keng Wei's place. Hurray to Sophia who have contributed inspirations to the storyline that we have already formed in his place.
Sophia and me got hooked onto chocolate flavoured egg rolls which Keng Wei got for us.
It was highly addictive.
Imagine how me and my sisters got to finish our tin of same egg rolls in about a week?
While experiencing sudden exciting screams from Keng Wei, I got to explore the brand new version of Platinum Arts Sandbox - 2.5 . It even came with RPG mode and Movie Cube. This is definitely something which we both need to deeply explore on.
I had to reread some of the instructions on the game screen itself since I had to deal with maps in Edit mode. My skills rusted already. Sophia provided some useful information too, like adding new things which wasn't available in version 2.3 last time.
Not only that, Keng Wei told me that he told Ms Goh that we both are joining the competition once again, and she said I should take care, on my results. *dies*
I knew I didn't do well enough.
I felt bad. Since last year.
Mum asked me to rethink my decision to join it. She would get me the iPhone or anything.
I insisted.
Really need to put some effort into my results, after what my mum did on the next day.
My parents brought along my little sister with me to Digital Mall of SS14 in PJ for some digital upgrades.
My dad went off to dine in Fridays, while me, my mum and my sister went to do some digital shoppings.
Went to the Canon shop where we got our new printer from, and bought a value pack of black and colour cartridges for RM125.
My mum didn't want me to stay in school too long or even hangout anywhere outside the house for the sake of completing my mapping task in the competition. So, she asked me to search for a shop which sells RAM.
For your information, I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium with a frigging memory of 1GB.
I have lead a slow and stressful life with my laptop. Enough!
She wants me to stop complaining and make up excuses of my lousy laptop. So, yes, we came to a shop which sells Kingston RAMs, and did some upgrades to my laptop.
Brought my laptop for the salesman to install my new 2GB ram. Noticing that my laptop running Disk Check upon startup, and got to know that this condtion has been quite frequent lately, he suggests me to sent my laptop back to the factory.
'It might be your HDD,' he said.
Yes, my laptop has been quite unresponsive lately.
Loading the desktop was a painful task.
I saw the cursor on a black screen and nothing else.
Had to resort in pressing the Power button once to sleep the laptop and press again to wake it. Make it back to its senses. This is another fascinating way if your computer hangs.
It's already three years old. I think it's already about time.
Funny joke. Kingston offers lifetime warranty and the salesman said that my laptop couldn't live too long for that. *laughs*
RM155.
Shall send it off for repairs before my extended warranty period ends around this June.
And finally got a cover for my calar-ed iPod. Rm69. Comes together with a stand and a pouch.
Tapao-ed sushi in Sushi King there after taking a cuppa Hot Chocolate in Fridays. *bloated*
Went to Pasar Malam after that. Couldn't stuff anymore food into my tummy. Had too much of dim sum in the morning already.
*burbs*
Damn it. My youngest sister is now into playing the games I have in my iPod.
And running my iPod battery level to - Zero.
sentience - (noun) State of elementary or undifferentiated consciousness.


No comments:
Post a Comment