~~目には目を、歯には歯を、悪には悪を。~~

Just in case you don't know, there's a Like button under every post. =D

Monday, July 12, 2010

San? Mountain arr?


It's friday night. We are in my uncle's Unser, on our way to Penang for my cousin's wedding.

Upon nearing the Bukit Beruntung exit, rain started to pour down on the highway.

The splatters on the windows and windscreen were rather loud that I had to increase the volume of my iPod. Glee songs are nice when it's played at full volume but it's not nice when it vibrates your ear drums for very long period. I'm already half deaf, literally, due to daily loud doses of earphoned music, just to keep me awake for the night when I'm frantically scribbling on sheets of papers and flipping through the book.

The rain slowed a little upon reaching the Slim River exit but the night is continued to be showered by heavy rain 15 minutes later. Except from the light from the iPod screen I'm tapping on, the highway which I see from my sides are dark. Certain kilometres are well lit with street lights, but mostly no.

As I continue tapping away on the screen, my aunt and my mum chit chattering away. Gossips, self experiences, epic ancient embarassing moments we all had are expressed in their saliva. I never had a boring moment listening to them, but always ending up with stomachaches and too much air in the intestines.

But that's only when my aunt is with us. Otherwise, I would prefer stuffing the earphones deep into my ear canal.

The mood of the sky changes along the way. Sometimes it drizzles, sometimes it cries as if there's no tomorrow. But that doesn't stop the music playing as I comtinue to tap away.

We passed Tanjung Malim's exit quite sometime already and the rain gave no pause. So as the chit chatters. My sisters are asleep and my uncle drving the Unser with full power. Maybe it's because of his daily work as a good transporter uncle, long journeys doesn't tire him easily. Just asked my youngest sister to sleep on my lap since seeing her having difficulties sleeping comfortably at the middle seat, between her sisters.

Holding my handphone up with my iPod, fearing the unproven danger handphone rays near my sister as well as by any chance my other aunt will ring me, I thought of the school's Carnival Day tomorrow.

I felt a brief guilt of not being able to help out like how I did last year. It was very fun to contribute some effort in making our class's stall a success. Hey, I hereby very proud to say that my class is 6A / 2010 of SMK Seafield. What a coincidence, my iPod is playing Glee's 'Don't Stop Believing'.

I wouldn't be proud to say I'm from SMK USJ 12 for my high school years. But I like the friends I have made and the great dedicated teachers I have met.

Oh god, what's the smell?! Man, it's ASAM. Aunt opened a small container of asam and sharing it. Eww, yucks, take it away. Just by looking at the uneven textured skin with somesort of magnesium oxide coloured powder, I felt like opening the car door and jump off. But I can't do that, first, I'm at the back seat with no doors, secondly, I will die if I jump out. ==

I agree with what my mum have said. Travelling together (with the fun group, of course) is really fun. I have not tried travelling real far with my friends, yet. :(

Ah yes, my mum mentiomed about the chicken in my house to the members of the Unser. It doesn't eat rice grains, but eats grass, barley, bread, maize and guess what? Jacob's biscuits. My youngest sister found out it's interest in Jacob's cream crackers when she shoved the already bitten biscuit at the chicken. I'm not sure what happened because I were still in school back then. The chicken flew up and snatched it away, ran aside, swiftly pecked it into pieces and ate it. My sisters stared blankly that time, I was told. 0.0

We finished feeding the maize grain that daddy bought from Tesco. Feedimg the whole kernel doesn't work because it couldn't peck it (too hard), so we the three siblings had to take turns to pound the grains into smaller pieces. Maybe it's not a bad thing afterall because it gives us a sense of responsibility. Like cleaning its shit.

But tomorrow, since there's no more maize, Plan B - Jacob's.

We passed Tapah's exit and I'm still tapping this. The GPS at the dashboard announcing certain locations annoys my mum the most.

The road ahead is so straight that I can see the symmetry line dividing both sides. I just realised that iPod has auto light intensity adjustment. When the place is bright, the screen will be brightly lit; when it's dark, the screen will be slightly dimmed so that it won't glare at your eyes.

10pm, Unser just passed by the Ipoh's exit. Realised that the highway route has been altered and upgraded. The usual Ipoh route we have been using for years have been modified. I'm not very sure on how to describe it but if you don't read the signs properly, you will miss the Ipoh exit and need to make a turn from Kuala Kangsar's exit, which is far. Learned it by hard since last week's wedding dinner at Ipoh.

10.09pm, Unser just exited the proud infrastructure of PLUS highway other than the tolls - The Menora Tunnel. Stretched as far as 800m, serving its only purpose on cutting through the huge mountains for the highway route. It may not be as proud as KL's Smart Tunnel but the intelligence building one is on par with it. Bombing a hole in middle of the mountain without it collaspsing is just brilliant.

10.16pm, the Unser crossed over the Sultan Azlan Shah Bridge over the Perak River. 10.20pm, passed by Kuala Kangsar exit, which reminds my uncle and aunt of the paimful mistake they made for missing a turn at Ipoh exit.

My aunt asked me what SMS I'm sending because she saw me tapping my iPod non stop since we broaded. Hahaha..

10.35pm, Unser saw Zoo Taiping and Taiping and Cangkat Jering's exit. Reminds me of Tangkai Jering. Cangkat word is too long for the sign, hence a shorter one - Cgkt.

Lol. We were talking about fibrous bananas and my dad who's sitting beside the driver seat took out a bag of bananas. My aunt warned him in a jokingly way, calling him don't eat one or else we need to stop for him to well, shit. We laughed. Then the mutton curry eaten with durian issue. LOL. Yesterday, Mr Lingam said the MP shall lead a real healthy and long life.

10.47pm, GPS announced that there's 36 more minutes to Bukit Jawi, Penang. The Unser is speeding up to catch the time lost in the rain. There's no rain now. Looking for the Bukit Jawi exit now.

I don't want to say this but *touchwood* after quite some while, the sound I can hear in the car of the sound tyres rolling on highway is like ghosts screaming and yelling from a far distance.

10.59pm, Unser sped pass the Parit Buntar exit.

11.04pm, Unser spotted a sign board - EXIT 156 Persimpangan Bukit Jawi - 5km

11.07pm Unser turned left into EXIT 156. RM40 for the toll.

11.13pm Semi Ds on the left. Spotted the Bukit Jawi Resort sign and turned right.

We thought we just entered Kampung Baru.


11.15pm The Unser entered the Bukit Jawi Resort compound.

6.01am just came out from the toilet.

With boogie drooling out from my nostrils after almost 3 hours of sleep in an air cond room (the reason why i only slept for 3 hrs), i dragged my feet to the living room with my bag. It was really tiring especially when your nasal system is flooded with gluish mucous. I felt sluggish and in the end, and stole a few winks at the dining place until someone's weirdly set alarm tone woke me up. Chicken's call, anyone?

Ah yes. We stayed in a penthouse exclusively booked for us. I have never been to a penthouse before and moreover the last time I had to travel far for some outstation wedding event is almost 10 years ago. And now, I got to travel all the way from KL to here and staying in a penthouse with a few members of my extended family, including the bride.





The penthouse we are using is extremely huge, specifically very long. We are using the 3rd floor of the penthouse building. The view from third floor which is the toppest floor is just magnificent. We can see the mist clouded the mountain area far far away, sprinklers watering the green huge golf course, highlighter blue swimming pools and 'rusty' grills.





The penthouse has 3 bedrooms, one with 2 connected bedrooms, and each bedroom has its own toilets. The one I am using for the night is one of the connected bedrooms, the one with a jacuzzi.

7.00am A make up artist cum hair dresser dropped by to dress up my cousin who is the bride. That took her around 3 hours? *gulps*





8.10am dining breakfast at Golfer's Terrace with big fruitflies. The fly 'swarm' will stuck at your food until your swatter object is 1cm near it. Ate pancakes and butter spread toasted bread.


9.30++am Here comes the bridegroom. As what you see in those Hong Kong dramas, the best guys of the bridegroom team as well as the bridegroom would need to solve all the 'obstacles' created by the bridemaids team before the bridegroom can meet with the bride (in the room).

Some of it are like how-much-you-know-the-bride questions, asking the best guys to place a small waxing plaster on their over-20-year-old leg hair. LOL!! The sweetest part is when the representative of the bridesmaid asked the bridegroom what's the bride's hobby. He answered, "Scolding me?" "Because she always does." And apparently, he doesn't know her house number!



After asking the bridegroom to search for the bride's missing slipper (when he found it, he said it seems like Cinderella) and saying 15 different languages of 'I love you' to a bestguy who had to sorta dress up like the bride, they managed to 'unlock' the bride.

This actually was a great test of the bridegroom's determination on his love. xD


For the tea ceremony for the bride's family, the couple had to serve tea to the deceased one then only to the grandparents as her uncles and aunt.

I may not be in their position to say this, but if I were them, after all the troubles caused by the bride when she was small back then, she's still the cheerful little girl in their eyes. Seeing her getting married to this good gentleman is surely a relieve for them as they can now rely on him to take care of their precious little niece for the rest of the life.

Went up to take angpau from the newly wed couple and had lunch at the bridegroom's place.


Took a peek at their japanese inspired bedroom. Came back to the penthouse afterwards because we couldn't stuff anything more into our stomachs. We had the intention of going to Tambun for seafood but we were just too full.

Air cond. The main culprit of my intense irritation on every single tiny little difficulties. My nose has been very very sensitive to air conditioners in any temperature, and after a night in an air cond room, boogie with all sorts of viscouscity will flow out of my nose. Hence no air cond for a good mood popiah. Had to take a nap before bathing to get ready to attend for the wedding dinner at night. Didn't take the paracetamol tablets given by the bridegroom because panadols will never work on my boogies.

The dress I'm wearing for the night was bought at rm.. *not telling* Wee, I know it may look a little bit old for you but I'm no Lady Gaga and I look old in any sort of pretty clothes because I'm not that good and young looking like you!

Me and my other cousins were stuck with her in the penthouse because we were asked to do so until someone asks her to go down. And by the way, thanks to one of my elder cousins, I got to have light make up and my hair briefly done. It may not be that magnificent like Angelina Jolie (mentioned with a purpose) or Lady Gaga (again.) but it made me looked less older, a little bit descent looking, minus the black eye rings. BB cream is well recommended for lazy people but of good results.

Me and my that cousin managed to find a WiFi service when everyone's busy dressing up. Had to online near the window to get weak signals. I had to stick my iPod to the glass to be able to do some Facebooking and MSN.



After being able to settle down at our own seat, leaving the bride at the hallway for her grand entrance. My eagerness in taking photos ended up as a mess as my elbow hit the glass with orange juice down. The juice splashed on to table cloth and right between the gap where me and my cousin seats were seperated. Lucky that there's quite a big gap, and so the pour over only hit on one small side of our dresses. But the carpet had a wet darkened patch which smells like orange.



PAISEHNYA~~~!!!

Seriously I think my clumsiness is not really over though my blurness degree has drastically decreased with the increament of me thinking fast in talking back controversial ie. 'confusing' statements. It's sad really.

I don't like what am I here, now and today. I really like the way where one day I got a hit on my head and *snaps fingers* I lost my memories and voila, I lead a whole new life. HDD crashdown. XD

But there's a downside, all good memories will be deleted. Nevertheless, it happens fast.

But still, there's a chance I will turn up as a different character, maybe worse personality. And another Facebook account.

Back to the event, other than the need of standing up and sitting down frequently to take pictures (with my lousy 6mp camera which gives low quality pictures in dim places), we had 7 course menu. The taste wasn't really that bad, neither that it lingers in the mouth for long. Basically we all came to a conclusion that most chinese cuisine are the best with pork.



They had invited their own coursemate graduates from UKM that time of all races, so hence the non pork dishes.


The event ended around 11pm. (honestly, I have lost track of time on that day itself.) We were given a small candle holder cup (the glass one you can find in IKEA) as a doorgift. Should have taken more since there were leftovers. IKEA stuffs are not cheap anymore.

Due to (stupid) requests on a picture of me wearing a dress, had to trouble my cousin on helping me to take a picture and borrowed her laptop to upload the picture into the Net. Another cousin came up with a stupid but agreeable fact that although we all have been cousins for more than 10 years but we never had each other's MSN or even Facebook.

Cleaned up myself and took out the Maths homework which I have been putting aside for so long (sorry, Ms. Goh!) and tried to finish it in the dining place. It was a tiring night and all my relatives in the same penthouse were asleep except me and my two cousins.

Had a chattery night and one of them (a guy who came out with the FB and MSN fact) actually helped me to clear my doubt on the worrying future.

It's true in the end that whatever course you do in wherever place at whenever it is, you will still be able to find a job and continue living.

Medicine maybe fully saturated with doctors and any popular jobs but have you actually heard any one died out if hunger??

But there's one thing he caught me speechless, what is the main purpose of me scoring all As and enter some popular university? I'm not very sure myself. I realised that I still don't have a goal.

He even said although you may have scored Four flats and with an engineering degree but employers don't choose you over some engineer with 3 years experience but doesn't have four flats. Experience matters. That's indeed a good point.

With a combination of what Mr Lingam said in the tuition, you can do whatever you want but make sure you stand out among others or else you will just be any ordinary cat dog cow in the street. My cousin said, the more you excel, the more you earn.

Coming from two different types of people, I have gained certain clarification on what I have been avoiding to ask myself - my future. Slept near 2am which is way too early from my usual weekend sleeptime.

Though me and my cousin (the girl who helped me to put on make ups) suggested to each other that we should be sleeping at the living room because of the air cond, alas, we went back to our own air cond bedroom.



Woke up around 7.30am. Went for our buffet breakfast at the golfers' restaurant before having a mass pack up to get ready for our return. Had a hung on coffees since my stay in the resort.

It's not an addiction, just an enjoyment.

I have feeling of wanting to leave KL just for a period and experience a slower pace of lifestyle in the countryside. Life without technology is way slower compared to the flash seconds on clicking in several notifications at a time. I'm not sure when will I be able to do it, but I'm really anticipating for that day to come.


Had lunch at Ipoh at some small vegetarian restaurant which seem to be packed all the time.

The food were soo real. I thought the squid were real ones until i realise that they don't curl up which real ones usually does upon cooking them. :)



Will want to try their oddly named but appetizing sushi sets if given another chance.

The shop lots nearby has excellent boutiques based on the dresses they put on the displaying mannequins, but unfortunately we were in a hurry to leave so we didn't get to enter one.

Came back around 4pm, 2 hours journey.

The bridegroom saved his own money for the event without using his parent's money. He fished out his own money for the my cousin's family side dinner as well as the main one in Penang. Not to show that he is rich or what, but in my opinion, how many here would do that nowadays without relying on their papa and mama?


The best part of the wedding is when both sides of their family worked hard on the wedding. The wedding gown and a few sets of dresses were sewn by my aunt herself and the food for the lunch buffet were served by his aunts. The sincerity and eternal blessings of all were shown by the joint effort of both families in this wedding.

On a side note, come to think about it, their marriage very much resemble the Kaichou wa Maid-sama! story line. Both are all rounders, my cousin is ganas, the husband is very caring and loving to her (not to mention very good looking too.). The husband is able to do lotsa stuff (well groomed) that my cousin couldn't because she more to the tomboy side but not tomboy like musical instrumentS and many other skills.


The rich prince and poor little Cinderella.

Yes, there are too many shoujo series out there which is like that but please allow me to compare them with Maid sama series. XP please bear with my fandom.

I'll leave the little details aside. But in a nutshell, I think there are too many deja vu nowadays.

Catching up Maid sama series and getting another similar dose in reality not very long later MAY NOT be just plain coincidence.

Can Kuroshitsuji be another sign?

And they live happily ever after. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment