~~目には目を、歯には歯を、悪には悪を。~~

Just in case you don't know, there's a Like button under every post. =D

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Everybody is going mad on PINK!

1st post!=P

**Right click on the pictures and click on to 'View Picture' to see the pictures in full view!**

Ah man...

3rd

After the almost 1 month torture of SPM, I went to a Youth Holiday Camp which was held by the Malaysian Outward Bound Youth Association . It was held for 5 days (which past so damn fast, unexpectedly), from 3rd to 7th December 2008. We had to gather in Museum Negara with the other campers from other states and off we go to Benum Hill Resort, Raub, Pahang. Mind you if you don't know, there is the NS camp.



I was in the bus with a whole loot of strangers except for my sis which sat beside me during the journey. Many chattered on the way to that place but it's to their friends whom they know, either from school or ex-classmates or ex-campers. At the starting of the journey, everyone was half asleep. But after some distance, we stopped at a Petronas station where we had our little toilet break in. In the bus, I was sitting behind a noisy ass who only talked about ghost stories from a hotel to his girl friends. All I heard was some lady in pink and also pirates (but not form the Caribbeans).

But little did I know, the noisy ass is going to be one of my team's leader and the girl friends whom he was talking to is going to be my wonderful young dorm mates. I'm the eldest in the dorm by the way.

When I reach that place, I felt that there was some sort of reminiscence. Yea, honestly, I've been there for the same camp 2 years ago! I kinda missed that feeling. But for that moment, I realised that I'm now with all different people who are total strangers, and of course teams with different colours compared to 2 years ago. It was RED, BLUE, GREEN and YELLOW 2 years ago but now there were PINK, SAFFRON, LILAC and TURQUOISE. Nice name but basically it meant pink, red, purple and blue. Isn't it the same? They are just increasing the standard by placing weirder names. LOL!

We were given our T-shirts which has a weird green. We were given instructions to our own dorms. Instructor Evonne was in charge of our dorm. Our dorm was quite small compared to 2 years ago, but that kinda explains that a dorm with 20+ beds are for the guys (Wirawan in NS) and a dorm with 8 beds are for girls (Wirawati in NS). We were in the guys dorm 2 years ago.

5 days, 4 nights, 1 dorm, 8 girls, 8 strangers...

My dorm mates were from the same team, which is PINK. Before that in Museum Negara, I heard guys in my team complaining that PINK has tarnished their man-ness, and turned them into sissies (but I don't think a SISSY will turn into another sissy because he's already a sissy!). We had a little visit to our bathroom which stinks like cheap cement. (I smelled quite a lot of cement during my childhood and don't ask why.) The toilets didn't stink but the cement stinked. CHEAP CEMENT, I yelled in my heart. We changed our clothes in the STINKY bathrooms and off we go to take our photos.



It was a HOT fine day and we were VERY HOT and we had to take our photos under the SUN. We were given clappers and clapped/ fanned during the whole photographing process. Then, we went to the Dewan Makan (ie canteen) to take our lunch. Compared to 2 years ago, the food for the whole camp was sooo much better and almost all edible. But very OILY...

We were given lectures on communications, leaderships and a lot more which I don't really know because I only remember that I fell asleep beside my sister. HAHA..

We chose our captains after that. We had a hard time choosing one because no one volunteered. So the instructors came out to help. They picked the tall and strong looking ones. I wanted to volunteer but of course, I have only a certain amount of guts. 3 guys and 2 girls. 5 days, different captains. My lousy sister was one of them.

We had choose a name for our team after that. The name must have a 'star' in it.

Some of the suggestions are:
HoneyStar
StarBurst
PatrickStar (from SpongeBob)
and of course the one I've suggested, STARBORNE.

We voted. And mine was picked.=P My explanation of it- We are born to be a star.

(BORNE- is not a past tense of 'born', it is a past participle of 'bear', which means bring or carry forward.)
I didn't know the mistake, till I came back. But, it's still meaningful right? We are carrying ourselves forward to become a star and it rhymes with born. Haha..

And the war cry we have chosen (not mine):

WE ARE STARRING IN THE EAST,
WE ARE STARRING IN THE WEST,
WHEN YOU ARE COMPETING WITH US,
YOU ARE COMPETING WITH THE BEST.

WHO ARE WE?
STARBORNE!

Later on, we had to learn to fight with fire. I mean extinguishing it. I didn't get to put it off in school but now, I've got the chance. P-A-S-S. But who cares. We had our tug-a-war. We lose to the the Saffron with the RPG (the Red Pants Girl). HAHAHHAHAHAHHA.... We had our water bombing with plastic bags filled with water and tied with rubber bands. We first collected all the packets of water and shifted it down to the court. When we started water bombing each other, we even bombed the instructors. We had quite a lot of fun especially bombing her. Until I had my headache when my sister threw a bomb at my face and it didn't break.



At night, we had our first aid session on CPR. It was quite boring because I've learnt it before. But it somehow refreshed my mind. It was raining heavily that night and we couldn't go back to our dorm till late night. And there's still tomorrow.

we had to wash our plates!

4th

I'm in G3, means the group for Form 2 and above, the eldest team. So I'll just explain the activity we did that day.

We had our high ropes after breakfast. High ropes. HIGH ROPES!

There were three types of ropes for lower elements but I don't know what is it called. I had a fun time crossing it just like 2 years ago. YEAH! I'VE GOT THE GUTS! I had my abseiling (which went quite uncontrollable), and also FLYING FOX!!!! I love flying fox and I did it TWICE. I saw the whole place on it. The green hills and the ponds, and it's like committing suicide except that you are actually safely tied up. I felt like as though I'm some angel which fell from heaven! I shook my head when it was my sister's turn on low elements. I don't wanna tell it here. You ask her.

After lunch we had our kayaking. It was fun. We had our water confidence test which requires us to float on the lake water before kayaking. It was tough especially when my sister grabbing my hand and pushed me down into the water. Yea. I wasn't thirsty that whole period because I drank a lot of fungi filled lake water. I saw water spiders! They just walked and jumped on water! Then, we went for kayaking! I kayaked with my sisters and we saw some kayaks were filled with ANTS. We were the first batch who touched the kayak after months the NS ended. So there were ANTS which found a suitable place to stay in. The instructors helped us to pull the kayak into the water and also us up into the kayak and there we go!



The situation went out of control when one of the kayaks went out of balance and capsized. Me and my sis had to help the kayak to go to the shore. It was tough. After some brief session of the capsizing thing, we went for the lake wading and crossing. It was the same except the depth of water you are in. Both requires you to cross the lake by holding to a string and your safety suit on. Yup. We were all wet from neck down.



After bathing (ahhhh.... *relieved*) and our dinner, we went for a night walk in the jungle. We had to put our mosquitoe repellents and also took our torch lights. We went all the way up according to our heights and team colour. Walking steadily on stoney rocked trails, we sometimes were required to switch off our torches to see the glowing fire flies, and to listen to the insects screeching and buzzing. The trails were steep but we need to climb up or we couldn't go back. At the top, we saw the lighted buildings of Genting Highlands and saw the streets of Genting (i guess, but they say it's just the streets of Raub, haha..)

That night, we were given our bag of goodies, with a flag of our team colour, 2 black permanent markers, 1 raffia string, 2 sewing kits and that's all. We were required to make a team flag. A person gave up her notebook for us to scribble our idea on and all of them would be combined into one, which is our dorm's job.

We heard someone who had not done their big business properly. A big poo as big as guinea pig near the bowl! No bullseye...

3 days, 2 nights, 1 dorm, 8 girls, 8 strangers... and started talking.

Lights off.

5th

On our third day, we had our 1st time of being late. Thanks to my sis. We were late because of her and we had to run 5 rounds as a punishment but luckily we have companies... She was then named as 'Princess'.

We had go for the NS obstacle course. I have forgotten the names. But one thing, none of them are easy. NONE. We did about 12 or 13 obstacles and we gave each other full cooperation. It's all about teamwork. It's important.

I have a fear of the 5 feet wall. It was horrible for someone who has become 55kg after 6 months not working out. But thanks to the instructor whom I've stepped on his shoulders and lap, I climbed over the wall with two skinny short guys on the wall. I've had blue blacks but I don't care because i've overcame my FEAR of height. I fell 5 times into the small little pond under the Tarzan's swing but I was happy although I didn't made it once to the other side.I was happy that for once, everyone is cheering for the goodness not for the greed.

Berdiri teguh, bercerai roboh. Compared to 2 years ago, this year's has a deeper meaning to it.

After lunch, we went for jungle trekking. We had our water bottles on and also our plastic caps which were given free. (sponsored by Tourism Malaysia). Slippery slopes and muddy tracks. Nothing more nothing less. We had to support our steps on stones and our bodies with our hand clinging dearly to the strings. We fell, we slipped, we had bruises, but there's no turning back. I was happy when I saw the peak and the instructor's hand held out to reach my dirty palms. It was my only hope. I felt so successful when we saw the whole mountain place under the bright sun and of course, no more dirty trails.

After cleaning up, we went for our dinner. Then, we went to different places to listen to meaningful lectures conducted by instructors about life. At least those make more sense then Day 1. It was really meaningful and I've learnt to understand more about my parents. And, I've been seriously trying now after the camp.

Back to the dorm, we were driven pressure by our SISSY leader on the flag thing. Yeah, we've got to get up early to start working out. The day before I've designed a nice one and tonight worked it out another girl from the other dorm, Sze Pei. She has a wonderful anime drawing skill. I salute her. I need to think before I draw whilst she can draw it just so instantly.

2 days, 1 night, 1 dorm, 8 girls, 8 strangers... and started going together.

6th

This is the day! The most important day of all the 5 days here. After breakfast, we had some free time and we had to quickly finish up our flag. The day before the G2s went out for kayaking. Sissy and his team of girls went to MASSACRE the lake's lotus flowers for the sake of our flag. Oh man... They were so heartless although they are still kids! Me as a pre-adult has nothing to say much on the poor lotus, but to pray that they would bring us luck and joy on our flag. *sobz* The petals were cut into 30 star shapes and sewn and later plastered onto the flag to symbolise the 30 members in out team.

We made kites. Yeah. Kites. We don't know how to make one until that day. It was quite hard the first time but if it's the second time, no sweat! We didn't get to fly it because it was a rainy day. *lucky Kavita reminded* Benjamin asked me, my sis and Kavita whether our butt hurt if we sit like holding our legs in front. We was like 'SWEAT'! We don't have butt is it? I guess he doesn't have one.

Before talentine, we had our very first and last rehearsal. It was so messy. I was first appointed to the dancing team which I don't quite like. There was a taekwando team so I insisted (and threatened) sissy to switch me over there. I became the 'instructor' of the taekwando team in the show and started teaching them moves which they have forgotten. I have 4 G2s and 1 cute G1 in my team.

We had our final rehersal and we laughed and laughed at our dramas. It was so... *speechless* I couldn't believe a G1 could dance breakdance. 0.0 And also the nerds doing some real gross poem (written by the banana freak sissy) with realtime jokes in actions! We had some small little games and I gave up playing because had a migrain. Rested a little after eating 2 Panadol and off we back to the dorm to get wash up before the important event, TALENTINE. We forced sissy to dress up in Kavita's Gucci tee. For once, he looked so innocent when he was so helpless. He even hid under the bed. We blocked his way out in our dorm. Hahahahahahhahah.... *non stop*

That night we wore our best clothes we could find in our luggage. We had to present and explain about our flag. Me and sissy went up .Sissy held the flag and I did the explanation. I couldn't really remember what I said except the massacre in the lotus lake and also my last sentence 'Going green is the new pink' to explain why the banner in the flag is green (we were not given any colour pencils). Other teams presented theirs, one of them is an upside down. Yeah, they were just being special. But I could see my team has the most applause on the flag although we didn't won for the flag thing, 2nd placing.


Me and sissy!

TALENTINE. We did our drama first. We had this drama (plot suggested by me, directed by sissy), which combines American Next Top Model and American Idol - 'Malaysia Has Talent'. We have judges Ryan aka Simon Cow, KL Sissy the Most Beautiful Boy I've ever Met and my sis, Princess Ling.... The Blur. Hahahaha. Yea, the taekwando auditioning team banged into the judges table; breakdance team which Ryan thought it was a disgrace to mankind and the gross but funny poem team which Princess was asking for more royal cookies - OREO! Bwahahahahahah...

Other teams presented. 1 more auditioning team mostly on Bollywood, 1 rich Baba family with 5 spoilt brats and Snow white with huge coconut Boobs.. HAHAHAAHA... The judges were the instructors and gave a winning point on our team. After the dramas the participants got to vote, like American Idol. Pink and Turquoise team tied. But we won.

We had the disco that night after celebrating the December babies. Yea. I danced. Until 1 when the instructors stopped us. It was more draining than nightwalk and we sweated a lot in the air cond room. Sissy showed us that he's a man (which doesn't change the fact that he's still a sissy till the end) by breakdancing and sweating.

Sue Yi didn't stop dancing when we got back. Everyone slept besides me, sis and Sue Yi.

Last night, 1 dorm, 8 girls, 8 strangers... with the untitled and named - Princess, CCTV aka Prince Charming, Sleeping Beauty and FART QUEEN (me)

Lights off.

7th

We saw the score board. We've got second place for flag. I was sorta heart broken..We had our last breakfast and went upstairs for the price giving ceremony. The points board were filled up with the other activities points such as the drama by the instructors and participants. Both 5. And we were leading with our best war cry and also for bringing up the flag from the Dewan Makan. Mostly 5s and 2 3s. I almost cried. We won the 1st place and gave our best war cry, the best and the last.

We had our price giving ceremony and also certs presentation. We signed off each others autographs and written down our email and hp numbers.

We sadly kept our things and packed our luggage and that morning, Princess isn't the last who came out anymore, FOR ONCE. We wished and thanked our dorm and we pulled our luggages and left that place.

We rode on to the bus and left the resort.

This camp has shown me younger people doesn't mean that they couldn't do much thing. Like a 13 year old boy who became our best leader and won the best G2 participant in the camp. yea. He's the sissy and proved to me that age doesn't matter. Pink won. And this show colour of the team doesn't matter. We worked together with all races. Races and believes doesn't matter.

We had joy and we had fun. An everlasting one.

1 dorm, 8 girls, 8 friends. And many more to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment