~~目には目を、歯には歯を、悪には悪を。~~

Just in case you don't know, there's a Like button under every post. =D

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Welcome to TAS 2009 Year 2

Pure Epicness.

Once been one of the members of the Taylor's Anime Society for a few months in 2009, I can say that I was really glad that I've did made a good choice in entering the club to help out for J101.

Why?

I think from TAS, I've broaden my social netoworking as well as my socialising skills. I've came to know that there are geniuses who watches anime all day long. Some fanatics jumped into the world of cosplaying and gained insane popularity. Some even crossdress for a start of cosplaying. Some doctors' children who watch anime. Some nerds (smart) who still are anime watchers. and etc.

And from there and then I had to admit that anime/manga indulgence ain't bad. It's not a bad thing, but it will be a bad thing if it costs your life, usually due to the user committing suicide because of anime. LOL.

Back to the topic, yes, TAS 2009 is still surviving in Skype, though part of the members are already in foreign countries like Kay my darling (Hong Kong), Gen Nen and Yun (UK), Nick and Geoffery(Australia) and Irene (New Zealand). But once a while, at certain unexpected times, we will still be able to chat together happily in Skype.

It might be not all but most is enough.

We had outings and parties during festive seasons or for just plain meet ups. Like the 3 open house parties we had during Chinese New Year this year - Jun's, Jon's and mine (a few only were invited due to some reasons) . And Kay who had been our great driver contributed alot to these open houses by taking the trouble to ferry some of us who were not staying near this area.

The parties maybe simple but it really meant alot to us, continuing the TAS spirit amongst us, though many of us really doubted and still doubting how long will this spirit last. I remembered one said it would be dead by next year (2010).

But it was proven inaccurate, I think the distance of the members who are now in different continents played a huge role in continuing the TAS flame.




By mere texts in Skype and Facebook, and voila, we are already gathered together for Tron:Legacy in Sunway Pyramid! Same thing, we did for our Comic Fiesta 2010 meet up.

What more our spirit can be measured by staying in the same spot for two hours long just to wait for Wee's apperance in Comic Fiesta Group Cosplay Competition! XD

There were more outings and farewell parties at the beginning of the year, but I've grounded myself for the sake of STPM. So I had no choice but to sit at home and stares eagerly at the photos posted in Facebook. Haha.

As the year gone by, and with TAF all over already, the chatroom was only left for us connecting with each other, sharing things and interests. Truly, as time goes by, we knew more and more about each other. Like for example, Zarif is already a well known blackmailer and you wouldn't want to be near him whenever he has a camera (worse, a videocam) XD

And maybe for Yun, she's living in a big grand house with a karaoke room.

Had my first karaoke time in her place and my throat went sore that night. In the end, I still don't know how duet works. And she has an acessory dog. XD

I've got more cosplayer friends up in Facebook, indirectly is all due to TAS, and it all started when we all attended the Comic Fiesta last year. The feeling is kind of neutral, since it's neither a disaster nor bliss to have more of them in my list. But surely if there's anything going on, they might be of great help. Afterall, social networking nowadays is really an important thing these days.

As for this year, other than the common movies/karaoke-in-yun's-place hangout we had, I went to help out in a photoshoot for Imitation Black since Jun asked me to help out. As a helper a.k.a. Kuli, despite of the tiring of helping out in carrying things up and down, and being stung by monstrous starving little vampirous mosquitoes in an abandoned building, it's really a great experience to see how a photoshoot work.

*silently worked behind the scenes as a minion*

Never knew simple cosplayers photoshoot can be as tasking as the common modelling photoshoots. With all the poses you have to think out off, and no drinks or anything served in the duration of the photoshoot period in fear of ruining the lipstick/makeup, HORRIBLE photoshooting spot, I really salute them. It would have been more a challenge to photoshoot in a public area, but still mosquitoes were a compensation of public stares.

Lucky thing they bought repellent sprays.

*PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST...*
It really kept us going for the few hours.

I have never been so close to an abandoned building before, whatmore to be in one. Shattered silicon oxides, molding shattered wood planks, termites infested plastered walls, coral like formation soaky sponges, fallen air conditioning piping system, broken ceiling, leakings and the one I fear the most- the empty elevator space where elevators move. Imagine if you ever fall in it.

Being a short person, I don't fear height. I just fear if I fall from height.

The place doesn't have stench, and is invaded by overgrowth of nature. It's rather hot in the building, but if you were to stand near the edge of the floor of the building, it's rather cooling, because of the trees.

The photoshoot went well, just that we stinked like mosquitoe repellent and lucky thing, the repellent worked too well and none of us stinked like sweat. XD

Upon reaching the toilet, I immediately washed away the repellent with soap as I didn't want to horrible experience of me suffering for almost a month long of skin allergic and not being able to scratch them. That time I even tried to 'burn' my skin (the limbs since I placed my repellent there) with a hot air from hairdryer just to stop the damned itch. Phobia.

Imagine every single goosebumps on your skin become swelled and volcanic like. And itch.

*shivers*

The photos were great though we lacked time. Shawn was really a pro photographer. And for the cosplayers - Wee, Jun and Feli (though I don't really know you much), you guys were really great, and thanks for letting me to work with you guys. Sorry for the troubles.

Enough for the babbles, I hereby thank

Daniel, for bringing us all together
Kay, for being our driver and my low maintanence darling *kiss kiss*
Wee, for sharing your all sorts of photos with me
Jun and Yun, for being the rich kids and sharing with us your wealthy facilities (LOL.)
Zarif, for being the potential blackmailer in future and has since reminded us to be more careful with our bizzarre moments. XD
QwangSzaen, for being a great bullied target of Zarif and liven up the Skype conversation
Geoff, for being the guy who speaks up JUST TOO MUCH in others' Facebook posts
Gen Nen, for being the great motivator and the genius for us to idolise at
Shawn, for being a great photographer companion
Danial, for joining us once a while and become a good joker as well as a great Emcee
Nicholas, Chai Lynn, Wei Jie, Sze Hui and Jonathan Y, for joining us for out hangouts.

and of course for others whom I might have forgotten, thank you for joining us in TAS.



二〇〇九テーラスアニメ部えよこそ。

No comments:

Post a Comment