In my second month in PM5 and Taylors itself, I got to know some things:
In PM5:
- Ms Ko is nice but scary. (Her smile is beautiful.)
- Mr Kok is our best teacher to fool with. (no Chemistry class without someone bugging him)
- Mr Chan has a collector wife. ( I'm picking the best angpau.)
- Ms Shoba is smart and married. (Just to tell you.)
- Ms Fiona is nice but sharp in her tongue. (Best example in arguing.)
- Teh can mimic Mr Kok almost 100% (How are YOU today?)
- Ju Lyn is so called Mrs Teh. (not before Mrs Kok. Hah!)
- Ju Lyn has the highest score in Who-Ask-Teachers-Most.(Daily, never fail.)
- Study trips. (First come first serve basis. i.e. 7am)
- I sneeze a lot. (Definiely not allergy. Self control!-Pn Teo)
- No lunch breaks in the 1st version of 2nd timetable. (I said I'm gonna kill the A Level Management for that)
- Last but not least, most in our class are the rich and smart. (Tension!)
In Taylors,
- Canteen food sucks. (They reuse disposable containers. =.= We paid lah!)
- Sam dyed her hair. (Ang Moh..)
- Dance Club rocks. (RM45 for life long learning! Thank for telling me of the diff, SY. Haha.)
- Kenjutsu is cool. (Too bad, no real bladed swords are involved.)
- Bread is better than RM5 non-healthy meal. (Healthy lifestyle and budget purposes.)
- Library books overdue prices are killers. (0.50 per day. Imagine that.)
- Library computers suck. (Slooooooooooooooow...)
- Library photostat machines do not offer free photostating services. (I heard wrongly eh?)
- I voted for Yee Won. (She looked like a prom girl among the 3)
- I visit the washroom more often than secondary school life. (Better excretion after lessons?)
- BB7 interface is a mess. (It took me soo long to know where to contact the teachers.)
- There's a stripper lecturer in our campus!!!!!!!!! (Peter McEvans, huh?)
- I hate the stairs. (Small and crowded during peak 5 minutes.)
- I hate the traffic jam every morning. (I'm 'stuck'.)
- And much more interesting school life?
Personal stuffs and opinions:
- I'll die waiting if I have migraines. (No bed, no peace in mind!)
- I have no comments about people's comments. (I have no rights lah... In somethings.)
- Wanna try something different.
- I'm still a workaholic. (Leader in morale and healthy project.)
- And I'm still L-A-Z-Y.

Ah. Just bought Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book for RM35.50 in Popular after bumping into it on some lower racks. The title looks like some kind of parody to The Jungle Book, which Hanny suggested. I have not read The Jungle Book anyway, so I don't have much comments to offer for its differences or similarities.
Every single thing mentioned in the book has a very detailed description which creates a certain realistic feel of the atmosphere in the description. Even the first paragraph of the story have already gave me creeps (in page 3):
There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife. The knife had a handle of polished black bone, and a blade finer and sharper than any razor. If it sliced you, you might not even know you had been cut, not immediately.
This is the reason why I continued reading it. It's just wonderfully written although in further chapters I might have lose track of how old Nobody Owens (or shortly, Bod) have became. Every chapter contains one adventure that Bod faces with the deaths.
Unlike Harry Potter or some other adventure stories, I would not need to reread a few pages before to get a grasp of what's happening if I decided to not read it for some period.
FYI, I finished it in just 3 days, which I consider quite slow if it is to compare with the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series - 1 book per day.
I loved Bod's adventures, and never missing out Silas, which has quite some resemblance with Sebastian in Kuroshitsuji (The Demon Butler). Ms Lupescu is a bad cook but adventurous, just like me! It is written in wikipedia that it is believed that Silas is a vampire for he's not alive nor dead, but never stated his identity in the book, sadly. He is only labelled as solitary type, which is what? Every tombs that Bod saw in the graveyard were given some names and even death messages (isit called like that?) The one I like the best is written with brown paint on a glass paperweight by Bod (in page 130):
EH
WE DON'T FORGET
WE DON'T FORGET
Anyhow, I love this book and expecting another sequel for it, which I don't think it would happen. (Agrees with Laurell K. Hamilton, author of the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter novels) What would happen to Bod????? Will he be able to see again in the dark and regain Freedom of the Graveyard? I seriously do not know.
Some of the silly descriptions I found:
In page 63,
'Name the different kinds of people,' said Miss Lupescu. 'Now.' Bod thought for a moment. 'The living,' he said. 'Er. The dead.' He stopped. Then, '...Cats?'
In page 155,
They had white hair or dark hair or fair hair or red hair or no hair at all.
In page 218,
'Best. Served. Cold.'
Haha. Cha cha's nice although I'm clumsy sometimes.
Sleep my little babby-oh
Sleep until you waken
When you wake you'll see the world
If I'm not mistaken
Kiss a lover
Dance a measure
Find your name
And buried treassure
Face your life
Its pain, its pleasure
Leave no path untaken...
Sleep until you waken
When you wake you'll see the world
If I'm not mistaken
Kiss a lover
Dance a measure
Find your name
And buried treassure
Face your life
Its pain, its pleasure
Leave no path untaken...
No comments:
Post a Comment