After seeing soo many mini top hats usage in Comic Fiesta 2009 for cosplaying, I've decided to come out with my own range of 'special' mini top hats.
How I define 'special'? Special as in my own style of using different materials to make one.
It's not really THAT special anyways.
This is the sort of NORMAL premade top hat you can find in the market. Seamless and perfect.
I couldn't find any stores nearby me (or maybe I didn't try hard enough) which sells these top hats. Even if they do, it's NOT CHEAP.
So I had to resort using household items instead, with utmost usage of creativity and innovative.
This time - Maggie Hot Cup (without the content.)
Looks easy, but working with different types of surfaces (like this one is a curved surface) is actually a challenge.
Making sure that the base is not thick, I had to pull the felt cloth as tight as possible to the other side and making sure no extra ong edges while gluing off. *might not understand what I say here*
Luckily I learnt my lesson from making my 2nd mini hat. The base was quite thick due to extra cloth on the edges.
Ribbons decorations are usually both hand sewn and also glued, to ensure that it wouldn't fall off from the hat by just plainly gluing it onto hat itself.

The base of the Maggie Hot Cup was used for Kuroshitsuji Ciel Phantomhive's pink flowery top hat.
I don't think it's very much alike to the real picture, because this one hat is a bit too small for further customisation.

Will add the flowers under the hat later, after I got my supply of Chinese New Year pink flowers.
The Imitation Black's would be sold to Jun, whilst the pink one would be sold to Sophia. Range of prices : RM25-30+. And in return too, they must get me an empty maggie cup. =D
Might be considering this as a small part time business after STPM. My skills aren't that bad afterall. And 100% profit.
And apparently, after searching high and low in Low Yat and Comic Fiesta forums, no one offers mini top hat customisation/ making service. Maybe I will be the first?
D&D Y S&S - Dumber and Dumberer Yet Stupid and Silly.
No comments:
Post a Comment