It was the truth. The dance floor was hella small that it almost crushed our hearts. Believe no other's view, no matter what happens, you have just got to make sure that the person in charge MUST see the dance floor the members gonna be performing that day. The person in charge was ME. mE. Me. me. The president.
We all learnt alot.
From scratch.
It was an experience
of a lifetime
To be able to dance
on a stage.
From scratch.
It was an experience
of a lifetime
To be able to dance
on a stage.
It all started around July. After we finished learning Cha cha, under our so called handsome-st, hottest, and forever-24-years-younger-than-his-original-age Mr William Lor, we got to start learning Rock n' Roll, for our dance club's debut dance performance, in the coming October.
We did Chicken Walk first, then so on with the steps. At first I asked all of them to get themseves a pair of high heels for the performance, but seeing that at the end of somewhere September, it already confirmed that there's no more ballroom dance performance since we had NO MORE TIME to get one nice ballroom dance done, I had no other choice but to cancel off the word high heels. Sorry team.
We had a lot of complications throughout the July-October period. Even till the lastest minute before the performance starts.
Problem 1 : Leaving of members.
I couldn't stop them from leaving. But if they leave at the beginning of the training, go ahead, it did not much harm. But some actually left in the middle of the training, and it's nearing the peak of the stunts, I feel so.. urgh. It a bit demoralising for a president, who wanted to make sure all things would be fine. At least most were fine. Yeah.. Most.
Problem 2 : Performance Location Preview.
I didn't know what's the REAL reason behind it. Pn Teoh, the teacher who was in charge of this year's (2009) Majlis Perpisahan Tingkatan 5 & 6, insisted that I need not to go to take a look at the ballroom which they were going to have their event in.
It was in Summit, and so I heard for the past years, most of the clubs' events were held there. And some people requested a change of venue and shall not care what is the price they are gonna pay. But still, *sighs* Pn Teoh and the teachers picked this place, again.
It was lousy, so I heard. *and yeah, it's really lousy in the end*
She actually, well, literally, put me in a state where I couldn't argue much with her, that I really need to go there. I'm not a member of the MPT.. Maybe Kevin's car no seats.. All sorts of useess excuses larh.. I wanted to give her a smack in the face, but I'm a student, and she's a teacher, and I'm really much aware that I couldn't put up my hand against her. I almost exploded there. Melissa tried to help me to 求情, but still failed. She helped me a lot. Thanks.
I only got to see the performance stage and dance floor on that day itself.
And guess what? The dance floor was smaller, and hella smaller than the small we expected. And we had to destory the diamond shaped arrangement we had.
It was impossible...
The stage. Could only fit 3 couples.

Thanks to? Pn Teoh.
I was trying to be descent. Real me is in fact, a bad-ass.
Problem 3 : Dedication woes.
It's part of the problem 1, but more to be explained down here.
We had plenty of 'Intensive Training Classes', mostly held during 1-2 months before The Day.
Plenty. Maybe. I lost count. Maybe it was because I didn't ask my secretaries to record the days down.
Since the classes were not taken in as co-curricular attendance, the members had their own free will to not attend or not. At least there would be a day absence among the members. Except me.
I needed to be there every single day, co curricular counted days or not.
At least I'm happy that most of the members made an effort to come to Sophia's apartment in USJ 1 Avenue. And I am.
No me, no class, no training, no members asking for it, nothing.
That's it.
Pictures while we were in USJ 1 Avenue.
Problem 4 : Performances Clothes.
This was the hardest issue. ISSUE!
First thing, it was hard to come to a decision to what theme we were supposed to go for.
We tried, students theme.
Girls where pleated skirts with pinafore tops and school ties. Guys, will be in their uniform la.
After that, after I went for the Taylor's University College July Intake ECA Day, and watched the Dance Club Greased Lightning performance.
Click here for the post on it.
Their clothes were 50's fashion. Long dress, and leather jackets. So, I was pretty inspired.
Changed, to 50's. Since Mr William was so.. despo also.
It was a bit hard to find those clothes. I mean we are now in the 21st century already, it's kinda difficult to see those clothes in your wardrobe and I can't seem to find any in my parents'.
It was even harder to find any of these clothes in shops! Urgh.
Luckily I found one shop in Pyramid selling pleated skirts! In Sunway Pyramid. Solved all the girls' issue. But I was kinda regretting that I should have went to Summit for a stroll for cheaper options. Since sexy secretary and Kirsten did it. Urgh.
Kirsten appeared the best. Find for the long yellow skirt girl. That's Kirsten.
The guys.Some guys were so reluctant to even.. try to find a jacket. Keep saying they don't have, can't find, so can no need to perform? It's a bit annoying. I think I should just put 'EFFING REALLY' than just plain 'a bit'. Just see the picture. Some were pathetic.
Luckily the girls were ok. Most. I said 'Most'. Let's put it 99%.
Problem 5 : Performance Venue Settings.
Curse those lights. No, more like, CURSE THOSE SET COORDINATORS.
Apparently, no one knew maybe, we were performing on the dance floor. The lights, bright and gleaming ones, all shone on the stage instead. STAGE! Urgh.
The dance floor. Hence, failed to record almost anything.
Luckily the girls were ok. Most. I said 'Most'. Let's put it 99%.
Problem 5 : Performance Venue Settings.
Curse those lights. No, more like, CURSE THOSE SET COORDINATORS.
Apparently, no one knew maybe, we were performing on the dance floor. The lights, bright and gleaming ones, all shone on the stage instead. STAGE! Urgh.
The dance floor. Hence, failed to record almost anything.I couldn't see, you couldn't watch, we all couldn't enjoy the moment.
What was the point of wearing colourful dresses? Almost none.
Problem 6 : Scattering Pieces.
I thought there would be less problem even if some of the performing members were part of the MPT organizing committee.
It wasn't.
I had to run every single way to look for the performing members. Some were.. doing this.. Some where.. doing that... =.=
Ok fine, just imagine an old frail looking lady looking for her pair of lost spectacles in her house. That's me.
I wasn't wearing specs that time since it's already time to perform. Not even contacts.
Yien Lu was soooo worried. Keep yelling, 'Thu Yuen leh.. Thu Yen leh... ' =.=
Made me even more worried.
Pictures Time!







Last Problem,
Problem 7 : Back to Personals.
Mum didn't like the way I worked so hard for dance club.
The way I keep bringing my radio there and back, the way I got to stay back for many days just for the sake of training, the way I keep doing about dance club reports and paperworks, and the way I do more of dance club things besides studying.
I got to build some image for the club to continue to exist next year, and just in case my current teacher advisor got to leave form 6, some other teacher would be interested to take on such wonderful reputated club. Right?
Sometimes, it even came across my mind to just dump my seat as a president = close the club.
To such extend.
Oh some one, please help me.
7 problems, 6 can be solved, but what about the last one?
I'm suffocating and shall cough blood soon.
What was the point of wearing colourful dresses? Almost none.
Problem 6 : Scattering Pieces.
I thought there would be less problem even if some of the performing members were part of the MPT organizing committee.
It wasn't.
I had to run every single way to look for the performing members. Some were.. doing this.. Some where.. doing that... =.=
Ok fine, just imagine an old frail looking lady looking for her pair of lost spectacles in her house. That's me.
I wasn't wearing specs that time since it's already time to perform. Not even contacts.
Yien Lu was soooo worried. Keep yelling, 'Thu Yuen leh.. Thu Yen leh... ' =.=
Made me even more worried.
Pictures Time!


Last 2nd day of rehersal




Arrival of Members on that DAY.
Then after performance.. Mamak stall!! Mr William belanja...

Last Problem,
Problem 7 : Back to Personals.
Mum didn't like the way I worked so hard for dance club.
The way I keep bringing my radio there and back, the way I got to stay back for many days just for the sake of training, the way I keep doing about dance club reports and paperworks, and the way I do more of dance club things besides studying.
I got to build some image for the club to continue to exist next year, and just in case my current teacher advisor got to leave form 6, some other teacher would be interested to take on such wonderful reputated club. Right?
Sometimes, it even came across my mind to just dump my seat as a president = close the club.
To such extend.
Oh some one, please help me.
7 problems, 6 can be solved, but what about the last one?
I'm suffocating and shall cough blood soon.




















No comments:
Post a Comment